- Miley Cyrus just responded to the video of her making out with Cody Simpson.
- She’s living her best #HotGirlFall and won’t apologize for it!
Hi, I know it’s a little too early in the AM for Miley Cyrus/Cody Simpson drama, but we’re going to hop right into it anyways!
On Thursday, Miley caused quite the stir when she was spotted kissing Cody at a grocery store in Los Angeles. Miley (who recently broke off her fling with Kaitlynn Carter and announced her divorce from Liam Hemsworth two months ago) first responded to the public interest surrounding her make out by joking about it on Instagram. She posted a pic of Cody looking ?, writing, “22 ✅ Australian (my type) ✅ Abs ✅ Hot Girl Fall ✅.”
She also reposted the video of her and Cody kissing, writing, “Can a girl not get a f*cking açai bowl and morning make out session in peace?!?! Lol sneaky ass.” And she even shared (and linked to!!!) an article about their PDA, so all and all it looked like Miley was having fun with it.
But sadly fun Miley is no more, because she just went off in her Insta stories (and on Twitter), writing about being slut-shamed, what’s it’s like dating as a famous person, and basically asking people to calm tf down. She said:
1. I know the public feels invested in my past relationship because they felt like they saw it thru from the beginning …. I think that’s why people have always felt so entitled over my life and how I live it because they’ve watched me grow up …. but I am grown now and make choices as an adult knowing the truth/details/reality. People only “know” what they see on the internet.
2. Men (especially successful ones) are RARELY slut shamed,” she said. “They move on from one beautiful young woman to the next MOST times without consequence. They are usually referred to as “legends”, “heart throbs”, “G”, “Ladies Man”, etc…. where women are called sluts/whores! I am trying to just THRIVE/survive in a “mans” world…If we can’t beat em, join em! If our president can “grab em by the pussy….” can’t I just have a kiss and an açai bowl?!?!
And there’s more! She continued:
3. I refuse to recluse and “date” from home cause A. That’s not fun B. Extremely uncomfortable/puts me in a vulnerable position …. i would like to share an activity with someone I am dating and not be stuck at home with pretty much nothing to do but “Netflix and chill”
4. This “dating” thing is new to me too. I’ve never been an “adult” / grown ass woman experiencing this …. I was in a committed relationship for almost All my teens and early 20s ; with the exception of a few breaks, which usually In those times I was working my ass off with not much R&R….and “meeting/trusting” people in my position is really tuff. Don’t f*cking pity me, that’s not what I’m asking for. I have a great life I wouldn’t trade for “privacy” but PLEASE don’t make this awkward for me! I am trying to make light and like always MAKE FUN of myself / and the public’s perception of me! Get used to me dating – this is where I’m at! #HotGirlFall.”
So basically, can we all please just let Miley live??